Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stamped Project #7

Here's another Dimensional Details class assignment. I'm finding it so much easier to create cards instead of layouts for this class. I think it's because all my photos are STILL in such disarray, the thought of digging through to find the perfect one for a layout is overwhelming. With cards, I can just choose a sentiment and put it in place of the photo.

The lesson for this was creating your own backgrounds. We stacked strips of patterned paper, then practiced masking. It's really hard to see in the photo, but I cut out a leaf shape with the Cricut and laid it in the lower left corner of the card front, then sprayed over it with Perfect Pearls mixed with water. It's very subtle, and the color is fairly close to that in the patterned papers, so it doesn't show up very well. Again, it's not perfect, but I'm learning as I go, and will play with this technique some more. I'll get it right at some point.

Supplies used: Kraft cardstock, white cardstock, My Mind's Eye patterned papers, Studio G $1 stamp, Brown Stazon ink, flowers and bling from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails