Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stamped Project #4

I got a new stamp set today! And I've got more on order... (Kinda makes my whole "use each of the stamps sets you own" project seem a little like shoveling snow in a blizzard, I know!) It's the {ippity} Love in Return stamp set (I've just signed up to be an {ippity} chick, and I'm so excited!), and I just love it! I will be able to get a good variety of projects from it, which to me is the mark of a really good set.

For this project, I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and complete another of my Dimensional Details class assignments. This is the Week 1 assignment, which deals with a paper curling technique. See the edges of the background paper and the circle? They were treated with this technique. Basically, you wet the edges really well with water and then, while they're wet, you manipulate them with your fingers to get this nice curled effect. Then ink with distress inks, and you've got a great, dimensional look.

I love the look of the BoBunny Mamarazzi papers for this card - the muted colors really work well together to set the tone for the message of the card, would you agree?

Supplies used: Kraft Cardstock, patterned papers from the BoBunny Mamarazzi line, Love in Return stamp set from {ippity}, brown Staz-on ink, and my beloved Coluzzle circle template

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails