Thursday, July 28, 2011
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Hello and welcome to my blog! Our amazing TeamWorks team has done it again, and we're bringing you 12 pages of Simple Stories Inspiration! To follow along, simply click on the links:
1. MemoryWorks Blog (http://memoryworksblog.blogspot.com)
2. Lacey Igo (http://laceybugcreations.blogspot.com)
3. Sheri Feypel (http://www.thedesperatescrapper.blogspot.com)
4. Susan Nichols (http://susan-nichols.blogspot.com/)
5. Jade Wilson (www.thescrapyardrose.com)
6. Sandy Zent (http://creatinginreallife.blogspot.com)
You are here -------> 7. Lisa Harris (http://mykreativepursuits.blogspot.com)
8. Kelly Holbrook (http://kellyrholbrook.blogspot.com)
11. Christy Musack (http://christymusack.blogspot.com)
Simple Stories (http://www.mysimplestories.com)
I've got some fun projects to share with you today using Simple Stories' new 100 Days of Summer product line.
First up is a layout based on an Allison Davis sketch focusing on my husband's and my 20th anniversary cruise to Mexico. The bright, fun colors really capture the fun theme of that trip for me.
Next, I created a cute little card. I love layering all the stickers and other elements from this kit!
Finally, I made my version of a "paper bag" album. It's sort of a cheat, because I didn't actually use paper bags. Instead I used a piece of 12" x 24" kraft wrapping paper (like you use for wrapping packages for posting) folded to create a 6" x 6" album with 6 pages and 4 pockets. Super easy, and I think it turned out super cute!
Pages 1 and 2. I don't know why Blogger is turning them sideways!
Pages 3 and 4
Pages 5 and 6
Can you see where I've stitched the open sides and bottoms to create the pockets? I used the Sew Easy tool with the straight stitch head, but actually sewed a blanket stitch. Love this effect!
For more information on these projects and MemoryWorks' fabulous product line, contact me anytime at email@example.com
Remember, there will be a Simple Stories grand prize for one lucky blog hopper who comments a blog post, so be sure to leave a comment on this post, then get right back to hopping! Next on the list: