Wednesday, May 5, 2010

10 Things I've Learned

Well, so far I've completed a total of ten projects, and my stamps have never felt more loved. I thought I'd pause here to share the top ten things I've learned since I began this challenge:

1. You get what you pay for, especially where stamps are concerned. My $1 stamps, adorable as they may appear, do not stamp nearly so well nor cling nearly so well as my higher-quality stamp sets.
2. I *LOVE* Distress Inks. I want some in every color!
3. You really can create a complete project with just paper, stamps, ink, and glue. And it can be absolutely lovely.
4. Inky fingers are a sign of a content spirit.
5. You can teach an old dog new tricks. I've seen and tried out some new tips and techniques, and have loved every moment of the process. I want to keep exploring and learning more!
6. It's okay to scraplift (or cardlift, or whatever the case might be). As long as you give credit where credit is due, it's okay to NOT reinvent the wheel every time you sit down to stamp or scrap.
7. Speaking of scraplifting, there is some gorgeous work to be found on the good ol' world wide web! Check out Splitcoast Stampers especially for phenomenal artwork and tutorials.
8. The more stamps I use, the more I want. Human nature, I guess, but my stash is already out of control, so adding to it means I will have to continually find space for new goodies!
9. No matter how hard I try, I cannot keep up with every letter in a teeny, tiny alphabet stamp set. I will always be missing an "e" or an "o" or some such equally important letter.
10. Now that I've begun this challenge, I want to remember how much fun it is to create every day. I never want my stamps to feel neglected again.

So that's all the wisdom I have to impart for now. Back tonight with Project #11.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your post, so true! And I HAVE every color of distress inks, there's not a project I don't use them on! When did you become an {ippity} chick? So cool, you should join us for H{ippity} hop on MOndays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elisabeth! I joined a couple months ago and am working on some projects with the stamps I have. I will definitely try to do some of the hops soon - they look like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, tell me more about ippity....and, I, too, am crazy about the stamps. I totally agree with #8.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails