Friday, May 27, 2011

My Scrap Room - revisited

Thought I'd post a quickie tour of my scrap space. I am lucky that this house came with a "front parlor" type room at the front door of the house. It was already painted pink, and I claimed it as mine from the first time we looked at the house. I've overhauled no fewer than three times since we moved in June of 07, and I'm still not 100% happy with it. The main problem I have in here? NO OVERHEAD LIGHTING. That's right - the one room in the house that screams for good lighting, and it has none. Go figure. Still and all, I love having my own little place to get away and create.

My room is divided into three "stations," if you will: My store, my "office," and my creative corner.

Let's start with my creative corner:


Here's my desk. Okay, it's really a card table. Simple, I know, but I have been very productive here. Behind the desk is a cabinet I bought at Home Depot which holds all my photos and negatives (organized Library of Memories style), plus various items I've bought to alter.


These Iris carts hold some of my stamps, my colored pencils, Cricut supplies, embossing tools, brads and fasteners, extra adhesives, and miscellaneous punches and tools.

These racks hold all my papers, cardstock, ribbon, "artsy" supplies (in the brown baskets), punches, embellishments, and MUCH much more. They're made from black wire cubes I found at Target.

The bookshelf is for albums, magazines and idea books, and yes, pages waiting for a home.

Now for my office area - not very exciting, but again, I'm very productive here. In fact, I'm typing this post here! Ha!


I hope you've enjoyed this tour. My studio is not elaborate or fancy, rather it's pretty basic and functional. Still, it's my happy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails