Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Long time coming - Class layouts + an announcement!

First, the announcement. I think I mentioned to a couple of my peeps that I was considering trying out for a position on MemoryWorks' creative team, TeamWorks. Well, I did, and...well...I made it! I'm officially a member of the 2011 TeamWorks team, and I couldn't be more excited! I can't wait to see what the upcoming year will bring on that front.

Now, for the long-awaited class layouts from Crop Camp (even I can't believe it's been nigh on TWO months since I've posted!)

These were all created using kraft cardstock, Girls Paperie papers (the Paper Girl line, to be exact) and embellies, with a few Jenni Bowlin Vintage Buttons thrown in for good measure. Oh, and of course we used Perfect Pearls in Lime and Berry Blush (you can now purchase these as a mist here).

What I thought I'd do is talk a little bit about the techniques we used on each layout and share the photo mat sizes, for those of you with completed layouts needing to add pictures.

For this first layout, we used a masking and misting technique. We used a plastic mask (no need to buy these if you have a Cricut - just create your own out of stencil blank) and Perfect Pearls to mist the background on the lefthand side of the layout, then flipped the mask over to "stamp" the right hand side. Photo mat sizes: Left-hand side: 6"x8"; Right-hand side: 3) 3.5" x 3.5"



For this next layout, we antiqued the edges of all the pieces with Distress Inks, then pieced together the entire page background out of squares of patterned paper. Photo mat sizes: All are 4" x 6."


For this layout, we used a Q-tip dipped in water and a stamp inked with embossing ink to brush on Perfect Pearls as accents. (See the darker petals of the rose and the stamped image) Photo mat sizes: Left-hand side: 4" x 6" and 5" x 7"; Right-hand side: 2) 4" x 6"


For this last layout, we focused on curling the edges of the patterned paper using water and also clustering embellishments together above and below the photos. Photo mat sizes: All are 6" x 4."


That's all for now. Be back tomorrow to share our Santa's Helpers Workshop projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails